Antwort
Alt 16.08.2011, 22:56   #1
Gast
Gast
So what did you germans think of the voice acting in the latest vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKaa5...tailpage#t=56s

So, what did you think of the voice overs?
Were the german voice actors convincing?

Edit: for what it's worth, I'm half German, and my last name (Sticka) is a really old german last name.

Alt 16.08.2011, 22:59   #2
Gast
Gast
AW: So what did you germans think of the voice acting in the latest vid?

The only good voice acting was from the green-guy there!

Alt 16.08.2011, 23:06   #3
Gast
Gast

The voice acting is good, but not as good as the original. They lack the same emotional depth in direct comparison.

Don't get me wrong. They are not bad at all. They are well done and fine if you don't compare them side-by-side. But I can understand, that after hundrets of pages text the german voice actors had troubles keeping pumped and passionated.

Perfect example is the last line in the clip: "Der alte Orden ist tod, lang lebe der neue Orden!" he says just before drawing his light sabre for combat. This should be shouted - this should be full of aggression! He wants to KILL the Jedi. He wants to fight. But instead it sounds like something you read from a book without real passion, without anger and hate in his voice.

Sorry for my bad english.

Alt 16.08.2011, 23:08   #4
Gast
Gast

Zitat:
Zitat von Falkenlurch
The voice acting is good, but not as good as the original. They lack the same emotional depth in direct comparison.

Don't get me wrong. They are not bad at all. They are well done and fine if you don't compare them side-by-side. But I can understand, that after hundrets of pages text the german voice actors had troubles keeping pumped and passionated.

Sorry for my bad english.
Ah I see

Thank you very much.

Alt 16.08.2011, 23:14   #5
Gast
Gast

Well even their voices would sound a bit strange like if they're on drugs with perceptual disorder in real life, it sounds appropriate to the sound of their voices you'd imagine for some uppish jedis.

All in all I'm really happy with their voice actor decisions for ToR - they sound authentic and as if they'd have fun doing this.

Alt 16.08.2011, 23:20   #6
Gast
Gast

I'll use the original language version. The German samples I listened to up till now were not too great, sometimes even pathetic. It will be interesting to see the long time acceptance of the German translation.

Alt 16.08.2011, 23:28   #7
Gast
Gast

To be honest I think that the german voice acting kinda sucks. It can not compete with the original one. But thats a common problem here in Germany. Try watching a movie in german and you will find out that it not only like Falkenlurch said lacks the original emotional depth but also sounds pretty monotone and boring.

I think that the problem is that if you really play a role you can get much more emotions into your character as if you just sync it without acting. But that comparison doesn´t quite work out with games though.

What in fact would interest me more is what do you people think of the german voice acting?

Alt 16.08.2011, 23:38   #8
Gast
Gast

Zitat:
Zitat von Ilithien
To be honest I think that the german voice acting kinda sucks
To be honest I think quite the opposite

By the way - why dont we speak german here?!

Alt 16.08.2011, 23:40   #9
Gast
Gast

Zitat:
Zitat von Booth
Just because

Alt 16.08.2011, 23:47   #10
Gast
Gast

Personally, i like the Voiceovers in the Trailer, they are really good, but i think its quite hard to judge the whole Game only from this short Clip, so i think we have to wait untill SWTOR is out for a final Opinion.

Alt 16.08.2011, 23:50   #11
Gast
Gast

Zitat:
Zitat von Booth
To be honest I think quite the opposite
Because the op did not ask in german, so I presume he does not understand german. It's polite to answer him in a language he understands.

@Sticka: Many gamers in forums are used to play their games in english. So they don't like dubbed stuff anyway. But the majority of the german gamers will play the game dubbed.

If you watch Star Wars in the german dubbed version it also sometimes sounds corny and cheesy. But many Germans still love it because they have no comparison.

It's a bit like book vs. movie - a well written book always wins. If you only know the movie you might love it and then someone tells you "the movie sucks, the book was much better"

Alt 16.08.2011, 23:54   #12
Gast
Gast

Zitat:
Zitat von Sticka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKaa5...tailpage#t=56s

So, what did you think of the voice overs? Were the german voice actors convincing?
its pretty good tbh.. no sync can compare to the original.. its just impossible
but we in Germany still have the best syncs imo

nowadays every1 understands english and goes nuts if they hear a sync

well, but I gotta say the swtor sync doesnt sound as good as i know it from other games

my favorite german sync in a video game is in Silver from 1999

Alt 17.08.2011, 00:00   #13
Gast
Gast

I just hope the German synchronization is better than KOTOR 1 & 2. Those were some horrible translations and voice overs that were inadvertedly funny.

Alt 17.08.2011, 04:06   #14
Gast
Gast

Voice acting in the last vid was ok...nothing to complain about

Alt 17.08.2011, 04:53   #15
Gast
Gast

I have to say that the criticism about the german sync is very much based on personal tastes. I have often heard that people, who also watch movies in their original english language complain about it. Well, for me counts the same, I can only tell you my personal opinion - and yes, I am often playing games / watching movies in english.

Most people doing this are not aware, that the accentuation in english is completely different from our german language. I don't know how to tell it exactly, but for me the original speech is more melodic and that the englisch language reflects emotions far better than the harder sounding german one.

Maybe that's the reason, why people able to understand both languages often think the german one sounds more dull. We also have to consider that in german the sync speakers have about the same time for their text but german terms are normally a bit longer than english ones. So it sometimes sounds pressed.

I heard the same criticism about the Dragon Age 2 sync, as I have seen here, but can't confirm it myself. But as I have said: it has also alot to do with personal tastes.

Alt 17.08.2011, 05:07   #16
Gast
Gast

Zitat:
Zitat von Lilleth
I don't know how to tell it exactly, but for me the original speech is more melodic and that the englisch language reflects emotions far better than the harder sounding german one.
This.
When i play a game for the first time i choose my native language , then i usually switch to english. My english isn´t good enough to play a game for the first in english. It´s pretty annoying if you have to use http://dict.leo.org/ every 2 minutes

Alt 17.08.2011, 05:26   #17
Gast
Gast

Sprecht verdammt nochmal Deutsch!

Speak german pls!

Alt 17.08.2011, 05:42   #18
Gast
Gast

Be nice or go away, Transorimion

Alt 17.08.2011, 05:42   #19
Gast
Gast

Schonmal dran gedacht daß der Threadersteller der deutschen Sprache nicht mächtig ist und trotzdem mit uns reden möchte? Bilder malen geht nicht wirklich gut also wird die Wahl der Mittel ziemlich eng.
Du bist etwas Intolerant meinst nicht auch ?

Alt 17.08.2011, 05:43   #20
Gast
Gast

Ignore this thread, because someone requested our opinion about the translation in english. We all know that this is the german part of the forum, but i think that it is polite to answer the question in the language, which the threadopener understand.

Ignoriere bitte diesen thread, da jemand uns um unsere Meinung zu der Übersetzung auf englisch gefragt hat. Wir wissen alle das es der deutschsprachige Teil des Forums ist, aber ich denke es ist höflich in der Sprache zu antworten, die d er Threadersteller versteht.

Alt 17.08.2011, 05:45   #21
Gast
Gast

Actually i think the german voice acting in this short video clip is quite good - especially the dark jedi part. You don't need to shout and roar to show rage, a more silent voice with something like a hiss in it could be more threatening.

Alt 17.08.2011, 05:46   #22
Gast
Gast

Zitat:
Zitat von SSFFCoRoneR
Schonmal dran gedacht daß der Threadersteller der deutschen Sprache nicht mächtig ist und trotzdem mit uns reden möchte? Bilder malen geht nicht wirklich gut also wird die Wahl der Mittel ziemlich eng.
Du bist etwas Intolerant meinst nicht auch ?
Es ist auch intolerant gegen über derjenigen die kein englisch können ... wir sind hier schliesslich nicht umsonst im Deutschen Unterforum. Wenn er wissen will wie andere Menschen denken, soll er im Englischen Forum fragen, dort treiben sich auch genug Deutsche rum oder er bemüht sich hier auf deutsch.

Alt 17.08.2011, 05:53   #23
Gast
Gast

Ehm, man kann solceh Thread auch ausweichen. Man muß sie nicht lesen.
Ich meide z.B. französiche Texte weil ich kein französich kann, so einfach ist das.

Alt 17.08.2011, 06:02   #24
Gast
Gast

Essentially ... i like it sure you can not compare it with Mass Effect 1 or 2 but it´s still good and not annoying. Unfortunately, I do not know the synchronization in English so i have no direct comparison but anyway I want to say only one thing: I'm so excited

Alt 17.08.2011, 06:03   #25
Gast
Gast

Zitat:
Zitat von SSFFCoRoneR
Ehm, man kann solceh Thread auch ausweichen. Man muß sie nicht lesen.
Ich meide z.B. französiche Texte weil ich kein französich kann, so einfach ist das.
Wie wäre es mit dem Umkehrschluss? Der Thread-Ersteller meidet das deutsche Forum, weil er kein Deutsch kann?

Antwort

Lesezeichen

Themen-Optionen